NMSMC’s Pre-Operative Total Knee Replacement Preparation Program EMPOWERS PATIENTS FOR SUCCESS
What is the Pre-op Total Knee Prep Program?
We are excited to tell you about the results we are seeing from our updated Pre-Operative Total Knee Replacement Preparation Program. This is our specialized total knee joint replacement preparation program offered exclusively at all our seven clinics. Pre-Op Total Knee Prep provides you with practical and useful information to help optimize your outcome following total knee replacement surgery.
Knowing what to expect during each step of the recovery, from pre-op preparations to return to full activity, takes the fear and worry about ‘what’s this going to be like for me?’ out of play.
Top 6 results Patients are seeing after completing OUR Pre-Op Total Knee Prep?
- Better understanding of what to expect with their recovery following surgery.
- Know what normal healing tissue looks like, and how normal pain progresses following surgery.
- Comprehend how to manage pain medication following surgery.
- Improved conditioning, strengthening, and flexibility due to pre-op rehab program prior to their upcoming surgery.
- Know how to fully prepare their home for ease and safety prior to surgery.
- Understand what equipment is needed (and most useful) following surgery.
“The pre-operative education before my scheduled surgery was beneficial and provided some good insight on the difficulties I would experience once I had my surgery.” Dan Anderson, Builder, Cheboygan, MI
WHAT MAKES OUR Pre-Op Total Knee Prep Different?
The fear and anxiety about an upcoming knee replacement surgery are reduced. They enjoy a smoother recovery post-operatively.
Rather than a standardized group joint clinic, we offer an individualized one-on-one approach for each patient to customize a program to their specific needs. Pre-Op Total Knee Prep not only addresses standard issues surrounding upcoming surgery (household and equipment needs, pain and swelling management, exercises) but also helps patients paint a clear picture on what the recovery process will look like for them.
The Pre-Op Prep is completed in just 1 physical therapy visit, which is covered by your insurance provider. Patients are encouraged to schedule their Pre-Op Prep appointment 2-4 weeks prior to their surgery.
To schedule your Pre-Op Total Knee Prep appointment, please call one of our seven facilities throughout northern Michigan.